Make your favorite mouthpiece an even better fit by modifying it to suit your needs!
This is a modification service only. For this service, you must send us a mouthpiece you already own.
- Select your mouthpiece (instrument) type from the section.
- Add to cart, and purchase the modifications you want.
- DOWNLOAD and PRINT the instruction sheet with shipping label from your Account Information page after you place your order.
- Clearly add your order number to your shipping label, cut out the label and affix it to your shipping box.
- Securely package your mouthpiece - see example photos below. Shipping Tip: We highly recommend that you insure the package. Use Priority Mail from the USPS to receive a free box that includes up to $50 of shipping insurance.
- Send your mouthpiece to us for the modifications you ordered.
- You'll receive an email from us once we have your mouthpiece in the shop, and another email once it's on its way back to you - with a tracking number. Check on the status of your order any time by logging in to your account and selecting your order from the Account Information page.
You'll need a box, tape, padding material, and your shipping label.
Tightly wrap your mouthpiece with padding and tape it closed.
Tape the shipping label to your box.
Please DO NOT send us your one-of-a-kind, irreplaceable mouthpiece. Accidents sometimes happen - and can be irreparable when using cutting machinery. If your mouthpieces is damaged during the modification process we will replace it with a mouthpiece of like model and condition - but a one-of-a-kind or old mouthpiece may be irreplaceable.
With Modify My Piece, you are purchasing the modification service only - not the mouthpiece.
Please make us aware of any previous modifications that have been done to your mouthpiece.
The shipping charges cover shipping your mouthpiece back to you. (It is your responsibility to get your mouthpiece to us - and any shipping charges from you to us).
When will my mouthpiece be shipped back to me? The time estimate at the top when selecting the desired service(s) reflects the time it takes for that modification to be completed after we have received your mouthpiece.
Mouthpieces should be in like-new condition with minimal scratches, nicks, or dings. Remember: Gold plating won't "fill in the cracks." Click Here for examples and view the key below.
- Yes! This mouthpiece is in pristine condition. We can perform any modifications we offer.
- Maybe? This mouthpiece appears to have some nicks on the rim. You could send us some pictures of your mouthpiece and we'll let you know for sure if we can modify your piece.
- Nope. Sorry, but this mouthpiece is just too badly damaged to modify (and honestly not really worth it). We suggest buying a new mouthpiece to modify.
If you have any questions about your mouthpiece please Contact Us.
Once we have received your mouthpiece we may deem it to be unfit for some or all modifications. This may be because of wear-and-tear of the mouthpiece or because previous work on the mouthpiece hinder further modifications. If this is the case, we will return your mouthpiece and issue a refund minus the cost of shipping.
Please note: Modification orders are considered Special Order so your Credit Card/PayPal account will be charged immediately - at the time you order.
Mouthpiece Express is not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
By purchasing our modification service you agree to these terms and conditions above.